Event Date & Start Time
Thursday – November 27th, 2014
5K – 7:30AM*
10K – 8:10AM*
*start times subject to change
Downtown Highland Park –Park Avenue and St. Johns on the Eastside Metra parking lot.
Tuesday, November 25th, 9:30am-6pm – Running Away Multisport Deerfield. 800 Waukegan Rd. Deerfield, IL 60015
Wednesday, November 26th, 9:30am-6pm – Running Away Multisport Deerfield. 800 Waukegan Rd. Deerfield, IL 60015
*Friends and/or family members may pick up packets for racers. Have them bring a copy of your confirmation email or screen shot from within your account showing your registration information. There will NOT be race day packet pickup and no bibs or goodie bags will be distributed after the close of Packet Pickup on Wednesday, November 26th.
RAM Racing offers the option to have your packet mailed for the 2014 North Shore Turkey Trot. If you have already registered for the event, and would like to register for packet by mail, follow the instructions below:
a. Log onto your account from the RAM Racing website http://ramracing.racebx.com/
b. Open the “your races” tab in the upper right corner of the screen
c. Click on the View tab next to the correct race
d. Select the “Packet Mailing” option and follow the prompts through the payment process to pay the $15.27 for shipping
If you have NOT already registered for the race, you will have the option to add packet mailing during the registration process:
- The cost is $15.27 per registered participant.
- October 29th, 2014 is the deadline for packet mailing for the 2014 North Shore Turkey Trot. *No P.O. Box addresses.
- Your packet will include your race bib number, timing tag(s), and goodie bag item. You must bring your bib number and timing tag(s) to the event. Additional bibs and timing chips will not be distributed on race day. Please refer to specific instructions within the packet regarding your timing chip.
- No Goodie Bag size exchanges at packet pickup locations or on race day.
- Goodie Bag exchanges are offered based on availability the week after the event for a week at Running Away Multisport locations.
- No size exchanges offered by mail.
- No Race day Packet Pickup.
Please note that a 15 minute mile pace or faster is required for both the 10k and 5k. A 15 min. mile pace is roughly four miles per hour, equivalent to a very brisk walk.
If you fall below this pace, the race organizers can no longer guarantee course support. Aid Stations, medical support, portable toilets, and road closures will begin to become unavailable to participants. The local police and race organizers will ask you to either move up onto the sidewalk or require you to be transported further up on course to catch up to the 15 min. per mile group.
Visit our Course Page for more information.
Start Line Corrals
All participants will be seeded into start corrals dependent upon the pace entered during the registration process. Bibs will be marked with your start corral. Please start only in the corral designated on your bib to ensure a safe, fun and non-crowded race.
All race bibs will be marked with their designated start corral. Each start corral corresponds to a wave. There will be 2 minutes between waves to maintain a safe, fast and fun course for all participants.
Corral staging for the 5K will begin at 7:00AM. All 5K runners must be in their start corral by 7:25AM. Due to scheduling of the 10K, no late starts for the 5K will be allowed.
Corral staging for the 10K will begin at 7:40AM. The race will begin promptly at 8:10AM.
Race day parking
Click here for Race Day parking and transportation information.
Gear check will be available race morning to all registered participants from 6:30am-10:30am. All bags must be be 12″ x 18″ or smaller. RAM Racing is not responsible for lost, damaged or misplaced items. Please have the gear check tab from your bib adhered to your bag prior to entering the gear check lines.
*Bags may be left at official gear check tent ONLY. Unattended bags will be immediately removed from the premises and discarded.
The North Shore Turkey Trot will be timed using the disposable B-Tag system. Each participant will receive a B-Tag attached to their race bib when they pick up their race materials at packet pickup. No bibs or B-Tags will be distributed on race day.
In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bib is…
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)